Do you want to go on a trip to Ghana, but are worried about getting a visa? Good news! People from some countries can visit Ghana without needing a visa ahead of time.
This easy way of visiting is called a “visa waiver,” and it makes planning a trip to this beautiful area of West Africa a breeze.
In this article, we will talk about everything you need to know about getting to Ghana without a visa. This includes which countries can do it, how long they can stay, and what they need to bring.
Countries That Don’t Need A Visa to Visit Ghana
People from the following countries can get a visa when they arrive in Ghana instead of needing one before they leave home:
- All ECOWAS Countries, including Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Ivory Coast, and others
- South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
If you have a passport from any of these places, you can go to Ghana without getting a visa first. You will just get a visa when you arrive at the airport in Ghana.
How Long You Can Stay And Cost?
People who get a visa when they arrive in Ghana can stay for up to 30 days. They might be able to stay longer, up to 90 days total if they ask for more time.
They must pay a fee of $150 when they get to the airport before going through immigration checks. The fee allows them to enter Ghana as much as they want during the 30 days.
What You Need To Bring For Visa-Free Travel?
Even though you do not have to get a visa to visit Ghana ahead of time, you have to bring a few important things:
- A valid passport that will still be good 6 months after your trip
- A ticket showing when you will leave Ghana
- Enough money to cover your stay in Ghana. You need to have at least $50 for each day you plan to visit
- A certificate showing you got a yellow fever vaccination
- Forms filled out when you arrive in Ghana
Remember to bring a valid passport, proof of money, and your vaccination record to meet Ghana’s entry rules.
Tips For Easy Entry To Ghana Without A Normal Visa
Follow these tips when entering Ghana without a regular visa:
- Bring copies of all your documents
- Have the $150 visa fee ready in cash, in US dollars
- Fill out the arrival forms correctly
- Use the line for people who don’t need a visa
- Be ready to confirm your return travel booking
- Have your vaccination certificates and passport ready when going through immigration
- Double-check your passport will be good for 6 months after your travel dates
If you have all your documents ready, including the visa fee, you can easily go through the visa-free process when you get to Ghana.
With the visa-free option, people from certain countries can visit Ghana without needing to get a visa first.
By bringing the needed documents and the fee, you can enter Ghana easily. Enjoy a great holiday in Ghana without worry but remember to stick to the 30-day limit unless you get an extension.
Reach out to the Ghana High Commission for the most recent information on visiting Ghana without a visa.
Other travel-related articles:
- How long does it take to get Ghana visa?
- Visa-free countries Ghanaians can visit
- What documents do I need before traveling to Ghana
- Is Ghana a safe country for Whites?
- How to apply for a UK visa from Ghana
- How to apply for a Canadian Visa from Ghana
- How much does it cost to get Ghana Visa?
- How long does it cost to get a Ghana visa from the USA
- Do i need a visa to travel to Ghana?