Are you searching for nice places to hang out in Kumasi? The Garden City of Kumasi is preferred by those who don’t like the fast-paced Accra living but also want all the perks that Accra has.
Like Accra, Kumasi has great hang-out spots where you can talk and laugh with friends while enjoying good food and drinks.
Thus, read on as I share some nice places to hang out in Kumasi.
Nice Places To Hang Out In Kumasi
Here are the top nice places to hang out in Kumasi:
- Rattray Park
- The View Bar And Grill
- Shakes And Dessert
- Kumasi Zoo
- Los Barbados Lounge
- Han Court Chinese Restaurant
Although Casa was opened recently, it is already a popular spot in Kumasi, frequented by KNUST students and locals.
It is located at 213 Ofori Kuragu Avenue in Kumasi. Casa is a very beautiful space, with 3 different large and airy outdoor sitting areas and a cozy indoor sitting area.
Foods prepared here are moderately priced, although quite expensive by Kumasi standards.
Casa Working Hours And Contact Details
- Monday 7:00 am – 10:30pm
- Tuesday 7:00 am – 10:30pm
- Wednesday 7:00 am – 10:30pm
- Thursday 7:00 am – 10:30pm
- Friday 7:00 am – 11:30pm
- Saturday 7:00 am – 11:30pm
- Sunday 7:00 am – 11:30pm
- Tel number: 0244919352 or 0572168017
One of the well-known recreational centers in Kumasi, Rattray Park, is located on Victoria Opoku Ware Street in Kumasi.
This serene park, named after Robert Sutherland Rattray, is perfect for holding picnics with friends.
Guests can chat with friends in a covered area, sip cold drinks and dance to good music, watch televised soccer and other sports, dip in the swimming pool, or view the airforce aircraft on the premises.
Guests can also take a stroll around the park during the day.
- Entry fee – GHS 10
- Swimming pool – GHS 30
Rattray Park Working Hours And Contact Details
- Monday 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Tuesday 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Friday 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Sunday 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Tel number: 0206018820
One of the best restaurants in Kumasi, the View Bar and Grill offers excellent food with excellent cocktails, all at great prices.
It is situated on plot 39 Melcom Road in Kumasi, and at nighttime, it serves as a great bar, as good as any in Accra.
At The View, you enjoy great food, good music, and wonderful customer service.
The View Bar And Grill Working Hours And Contact Details
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 5:00 pm -12:00 am
- Wednesday 5:00 pm -12:00 am
- Thursday 5:00 pm -12:00 am
- Friday 5:00 pm -5:00 am
- Saturday 12:00 pm -5:00 am
- Sunday 12:00 pm -2:30 am
- Tel number: 0244668880
One of the best ice cream parlors in Kumasi, Shakes, and Dessert, is known for its creamy milkshake and tasty pancakes.
It is located on 430 Eastern by-pass in Kumasi. Items on their menu include red velvet madness milkshake, bread pudding, cookie sandwich, lemon slushy, and mini pancakes.
The shop is very cute with great decor; perfect for taking pictures.
Shakes And Dessert Working Hours And Contact Details
- Monday 12:00 – 11:00 pm
- Tuesday 12:00 – 11:00 pm
- Wednesday 12:00 – 11:00 pm
- Thursday 12:00 – 11:00 pm
- Friday 12:00 – 11:30 pm
- Saturday 12:00 – 11:30 pm
- Sunday 12:00 – 11:30 pm
- Tel number: 0596801426
This tourist attraction is located on Kejetia Road and occupies the area between the old race course, the Kumasi Centre for National Culture, and the Kejetia Bus Terminal.
Kumasi Zoo has on display captive local fauna to satisfy visitors’ curiosity. It also offers a sanctuary for orphaned animals and engages in breeding endangered species while offering a venue for relaxation and recreation.
It has over 40 animal species, including carnivores, primates, rodents, reptiles, ungulates, and birds.
Kumasi Zoo Entry Prices
- Prices range from GHS 2-10 for locals and GHS 5-20 for foreigners.
- Entry fee – GHS 2-10 for locals
- GHS 5 – 20 for foreigners
Kumasi Zoo Opening Hours And Contact Details
- Monday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Tel number: 0245342317
A firm favorite, Starbites, is located on Lake Road in Kumasi. It has been on the scene for many years now, with branches at Airport, West lands, and Dansoman, to name a few.
Starbites is a popular spot In Kumasi and allows visitors to enjoy quality meals and good drinks. Whenever you go to Starbites, order the fried rice with jerk chicken and thank me later.
Food options on their menu include a beef burger, fries, and spicy avocado chicken wrap.
Starbites Opening Hours
- Monday 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Tuesday 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Wednesday 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Thursday 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Friday 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Saturday 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Sunday 6:30 am – 11:00 pm
- Tel number: 0501318300
A great place to enjoy quality food and good music, Los Barbados provides guests with a unique experience and an Afrocentric vibe.
It can be found on Mango Road in Kumasi and is frequently visited by KNUST students.
It recently got a facelift, so it looks more modern than ever. Los Barbados is most active at nighttime when locals come to eat kebab and other meals, smoke shisha, and bond over cold beers.
Los Barbados Lounge Working Hours And Contact Details
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday 12:00 pm -3:00 am
- Wednesday 12:00 pm -3:00 am
- Thursday 12:00 pm -3:00 am
- Friday 12:00 pm -3:00 am
- Saturday 12:00 pm -3:00 am
- Sunday 12:00 pm -3:00 am
- Tel number: 0545575051
A staple in Kumasi, Han Court Chinese restaurant has been providing authentic Chinese meals for many years.
It is located on Major Kobbina Drive in Kumasi. This restaurant is highly-rated, and guests praise their good food.
A few bestsellers on the menu include beef noodles, fish sauce, egg fried rice and the like.
Han Court Chinese Restaurant Working Hours And Contact Details
- Monday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Tuesday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Wednesday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Friday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Sunday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Tel number: 0201514698
All these places are great spots to hang out and just relax by yourself or with friends.
To make a reservation, call Casa on 0244919352, Rattray Park on 0206018820, The View on 0244668880, Shakes and Dessert on 0596801426, Kumasi Zoo on 0245342317, Starbites on 0501318300, Los Barbados on 0545575051, and Han court on 0201514698.